The perfect side for a burger or sandwich, this healthier alternative to classic French fries will please the whole family.
- 2 zucchini
- 2 eggs whites only
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed),
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut the ends off of the zucchini and slice them in quarters lengthwise (so you have 8 long strips), then cut each strip into 3 or 4 shorter pieces.
- Beat the egg whites in a shallow bowl until they are frothy.
- In another shallow bowl, combine the panko, cornmeal, cheese, oregano, basil, and salt.
- Dip each zucchini strip into the egg whites, then into the panko mixture.
- Place them on the baking sheet, spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray, and bake them for 20 minutes, flipping once, until they are browned. Serve them with marinara sauce (warm the sauce, if desired).
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 76, Total Fat: 2g, 3%; Saturated Fat: 0g, 0%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 115mg, 4.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 13g, 4.5%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 6.5%; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 4g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!