Persian Green Salad with Chickpeas and Mint
This light, refreshing salad comes alive with the addition of mint-- a common addition to salads throughout the Middle East!
- 1 head crunchy green lettuce chopped
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup mint leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 cup chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tomato chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon juice only
- 1 tsp. honey
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, mint, cucumber, chickpeas, cheese, and tomato.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the oil, lemon juice and honey (this makes enough for at least 2 salads).
- Add the dressing, a couple of tablespoons at a time, until the salad is dressed to taste. Save the remaining dressing for a future meal.
Do Ahead and Delegate: chop the lettuce, peel and chop the cucumber, drain and rinse the chickpeas, chop the tomato (if using), make the dressing. Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Calories: 166kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 8gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 278mgFiber: 4gSugar: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!