Roasted Fennel Bulbs
This simple preparation of fennel brings out the natural sweetness of the vegetable, while also allowing the anise quality to mellow a little bit.
- 2 - 4 fennel bulbs
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. kosher salt or sea salt or other coarse salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Trim off the fronds (everything above the bulb) and cut the fennel bulbs into quarters.
- Toss them with the oil to coat them, put them on a baking sheet, sprinkle them with the salt, and bake. After 15 - 20 minutes, flip the fennel and cook it for an additional 15 - 20 minutes until the edges are browned and the centers are soft.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 57, Total Fat: 4g, 6%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 2.5%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 285mg, 12%; Total Carbohydrate: 7g, 2%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 11%; Sugar: 0g; Protein: 1g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!