Roasted Sweet Potato Slices
These sweet potato slices are so yummy that I always make extra so that we can use them as a snack to enjoy all week long. Leftovers also make a great addition to a big salad for lunch the next day.
- 2 sweet potatoes sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil or use canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. allspice or use ground cloves
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line it in parchment paper.
- Put the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet, and brush their tops with the oil. In a small bowl, combine the spices and sugar. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the potatoes.
- Bake the potatoes for 30 minutes without flipping them, until they are very soft and lightly browned. Serve them hot.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 51, Total Fat: 1g, 1%; Saturated Fat: 0g, 0%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 25mg, 1%; Total Carbohydrate: 11g, 3.5%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 5.5%; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 1g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!