Pico De Gallo (Fresh Salsa) with Tortilla Chips
Sure, it may be faster to open up a jar of salsa, but the fresh and bright flavors you get from this homemade version can't be beat!
- 2 large tomatoes diced about 3 cups
- 1/4 yellow onion finely diced 3/4 cup
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeds removed, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1/8 orange bell pepper minced (optional)
- 1/2 lime juice only, about 1 Tbsp.
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 oz. tortilla chips about 1 1/4 cups per serving
- Combine all the ingredients except the tortilla chips and toss gently to combine.
- Serve it immediately with the chips or refrigerate it for up to 3 days.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 161, Total Fat: 7g, 10.5%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 4%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 471mg, 19.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 23g, 7.5%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 9%; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 3g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!