Roasted Parsnips or Carrots
If you've never had parsnips, this is the perfect recipe to try them! Sweet and crunchy, you'll fall in love immediately.
- 1 lb. parsnips or carrots or use a combination of both
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt sea salt, or other coarse salt
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut the parsnips and/or carrots lengthwise into halves or quarters (depending on their size) and cut those strips into 1-inch pieces.
- In a roasting pan, toss the pieces with the oil, salt, and pepper (add ½ - 1 tsp. fresh thyme, if desired).
- Roast them until they are lightly browned, 15 - 20 minutes, tossing once. The longer they cook, the sweeter they become.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 77, Total Fat: 3g, 4%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 1.5%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 12mg, 5%; Total Carbohydrate: 14g, 4.5%; Dietary Fiber: 4g, 15%; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 1g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!