Rosemary Lemon Pork Chops with Yogurt Feta Sauce
These grilled chops have a light Greek flavor that we really enjoy. Scramble recipe tester Bobbi Woods said, “It was a thumbs up all around the table! My 14-year-old son AND my 5-year-old daughter both ate everything on their plate and even loved the yogurt sauce!”
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless pork chops
- 1 1/4 lemons divided
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. fresh or dried rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic minced, about 1 tsp.
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 - 2 tsp. fresh oregano or 3/4 tsp. dried
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Put the pork chops in a large flat dish with sides.
- Whisk together the juice of one lemon, the olive oil, rosemary, garlic, and kosher salt. Pour the mixture evenly over the meat, and turn it to coat both sides.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- In a medium serving bowl, combine the yogurt, feta cheese, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, the oregano, and the pepper. Set it aside.
- When the grill is hot, cook the pork for 2 – 4 minutes per side, depending on the thickness, until it is just cooked through. Remove it to a serving plate, and serve it immediately with the yogurt sauce.
Slow Cooker Directions
- Whisk together ¼ cup lemon juice (the juice of one lemon), the oil, rosemary, garlic and salt. Place the pork chops in the slow cooker and pour the mixture evenly over the meat, turning it to coat both sides.
- Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours or on high for 3 - 4 hours. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce as directed above. Remove and serve with prepared sauce. (Slow cooker cooking times may vary—Get to know your slow cooker and, if necessary, adjust cooking times accordingly.)
Do Ahead or Delegate: Juice the lemon, peel the garlic, make the marinade and marinate the pork in the refrigerator, make and refrigerate the yogurt-feta sauce. Scramble Flavor Booster: Add the zest of one lemon to the marinade. Tip: Consider doubling the yogurt-feta sauce. It’s also great as a dip for vegetables or to spread on crackers or sandwiches. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 410, Total Fat: 24g, 37%; Saturated Fat: 8g, 40%; Cholesterol: 120mg, 40%; Sodium: 340mg, 14%; Total Carbohydrate: 9g, 3%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 8%; Sugar: 5g; Protein: 38g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!