Sauteed Cremini Mushrooms with Garlic
This is the recipe that turned my son into a mushroom lover.
- 12 oz. cremini or white button mushrooms, trimmed and cut into quarters
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic minced, about 1 1/2 tsp.
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme or use 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. dried
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook it for about 1 minute until it is fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme and sauté them, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms are tender and dark, 8 - 10 minutes. Season them with the salt.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 52, Total Fat: 4g, 5.5%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 2.5%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 6mg, 0.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 4g, 1.5%; Dietary Fiber: 1g, 2%; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 3g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!