Sesame Soy Broccoli
This recipe shows how by adding just a few simple ingredients you can make a standard dish to something extraordinary.
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic 3 - 4 cloves
- 1 - 2 head broccoli cut into spears
- 1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce (or use any variety) (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 - 2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds (store-bought or homemade) (optional)
- Heat the oil in a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly brown the garlic, about 30 seconds.
- Add the broccoli spears and 1/8 cup of water.
- Bring the water to a boil, cover, reduce the heat, and steam the broccoli for 4 - 5 minutes, until it is tender-crisp.
- Drain if necessary, add the soy sauce, and stir-fry it for 1 more minute before serving.
- Top it with the sesame seeds, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 89, Total Fat: 4g, 7%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 3%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 200mg, 8%; Total Carbohydrate: 11g, 4%; Dietary Fiber: 4g, 16%; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 5g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!