If you love steamed spinach (or even if you don't), this version will bring you great joy. Silky smooth and bursting with flavor, this is spinach that is fun to eat.
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil or vegetable oil
- 9 - 12 oz. spinach coarsely chopped if it’s not baby spinach
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat, add the spinach and stir it a bit, then cover it and steam the spinach for 3 minutes until just wilted.
- Using tongs, stir the spinach a bit, then add the remaining ingredients and toss again. Serve it immediately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 61, Total Fat: 5g, 8%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 2.5%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 275mg, 11.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 3g, 1%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 6.5%; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 2g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!