Steamed Artichoke Hearts with Baby Swiss Cheese
If you've never cooked with frozen artichoke hearts, this simple and tasty recipe a GREAT place to start.
- 12 oz. frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/8 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded baby Swiss or Gruyère cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Steam the artichoke hearts with 2 Tbsp. of water in the microwave or on the stovetop until they are very tender, 5 - 7 minutes.
- Drain them, transfer them to a small baking dish, and toss them with the oil, butter, salt, and pepper, and top them with the cheese.
- Transfer it to the oven for 1 - 2 minutes until the cheese is melted before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 132, Total Fat: 9g, 14%; Saturated Fat: 5g, 22.5%; Cholesterol: 5mg, 2%; Sodium: 160mg, 7%; Total Carbohydrate: 64g, 21%; Dietary Fiber: 4g, 16%; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 13g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!