Stove Top Popcorn
Stove top popcorn is so easy to make and so much healthier and tastier than the pre-packaged or microwave variety that you will never want to go back!
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 - 3 Tbsp. canola vegetable or coconut oil for popping
- 2– 3 Tbsp. melted butter coconut oil or olive oil to toss with popcorn
- 1/2 - 3/4 tsp. popcorn salt or table salt to taste
- Heat a heavy pot over medium-high heat, add the oil and the popcorn kernels and shake the kernels around to coat.
- Cover the pot leaving the lid a tiny bit ajar to let the steam escape. When the kernels start popping, reduce the heat to medium and shake the pot occasionally to make sure the un-popped kernels make it to the bottom of the pan.
- When the popping slows to every 5 seconds or so, remove the pan from the heat, shake it again and cover it for one more minute to make sure all or most of the kernels are popped.
- Transfer the popcorn to a large bowl, toss it with melted butter or oil, salt, and desired seasonings.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!