Tzatziki (yogurt and cucumber sauce)
This quick and easy dip is the perfect side for any Middle Eastern meal and also makes a fantastic healthy snack paired with raw veggies and chips or crackers.
- 1 cup low fat plain yogurt or use any variety
- 2 cup cucumbers 1/2 of 1 cucumber peeled and grated, and squeezed dry with a clean towel (1/2total), peel and slice the rest of the cucumbers for serving
- 1 clove garlic minced, about 1/2 tsp.
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill chopped, or use 1 tsp. dried
- 1/4 lemon juice only, about 2 Tbsp.
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb. baby carrots or large carrots optional
- Combine the yogurt, grated cucumber, garlic, dill, lemon, honey, and oil.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate it for up to 3 days. Serve the tzatziki with the remaining cucumber and/or carrots.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 38, Total Fat: 1g, 1.5%; Saturated Fat: 0g, 0%; Cholesterol: 3mg, 1%; Sodium: 16mg, 1%; Total Carbohydrate: 4g, 1.5%; Dietary Fiber: 0g, 0%; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!