Tortilla Pepperoni Pizzas
Your family will love these little pizzas.The variations are endless - try sliced olives, hot peppers, mushrooms, or whatever you like on your pizza - just don’t pile too much on top, or the tortillas will sag from the weight.
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 8 medium whole wheat or white flour tortillas (soft taco size) (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed)
- 1/2 cup tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (or use any variety), or to taste
- 4 oz. sliced pepperoni (pork, turkey, or meatless), or toppings of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil and garlic powder.
- Using a pastry brush or the back of a spoon, coat each tortilla with a thin layer of the garlic oil.
- Spread a thin layer (about 1 Tbsp.) of sauce on each tortilla, and sprinkle them with cheese. Top them with pepperoni (or a very thin layer of toppings of your choice).
- For a crispy crust (our preferred method), carefully transfer the tortilla pizzas directly to the oven rack (or put a rack on top of a baking sheet) and cook them for 3 - 4 minutes. For a softer crust, cook them on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray for 4 - 6 minutes. Remove the pizzas from the oven when the tortillas start to brown on the edges - watch them carefully so they don’t burn!
Do Ahead or Delegate: Shred the cheese and/or slice the pepperoni if necessary and refrigerate. Scramble Flavor Booster: Sprinkle red pepper flakes, dried oregano, and/or dried basil directly on top of the sauce before adding the cheese, and/or top the pizza with hot peppers before you bake it. Tip: If you choose to cook the pizzas directly on the oven rack, place a piece of foil or a baking sheet on the rack beneath it to catch any drippings and make for an easier cleanup. Just make sure to recycle, or better yet, reuse the foil. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 240, Total Fat: 8g, 12%; Saturated Fat: 2g, 8%; Cholesterol: 5mg, 1%; Sodium: 580mg, 24%; Total Carbohydrate: 29g, 10%; Dietary Fiber: 1g, 4%; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 15g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!