Warm Sweet Potato Salad with Pecans
Your family will enjoy the fall flavors in this healthy warm sweet potato salad.
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (6 – 8 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted and halved
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt Greek or traditional
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper optional
- 1/8 red onion finely diced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the oil, and spread them evenly on a baking sheet. Bake them for 25 – 30 minutes until they are tender and partially browned. Remove them from the oven to cool.
- Meanwhile, toast the pecans and break them in half with your fingers.
- In the bottom of the same bowl in which you tossed the potatoes and the oil, whisk together the yogurt, juice, maple syrup, vinegar, salt, cumin and cayenne pepper (optional).
- When the potatoes have cooled for about 10 minutes so they are still warm, add them to the bowl with the sauce and add the nuts and onions (optional). Toss to coat and serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to 3 days. (Note: If you aren’t serving the salad immediately you may want to add the pecans just before serving so they retain their crunch.)
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 157, Total Fat: 11g, 17%; Saturated Fat: 2g, 7%; Cholesterol: 2mg, 0.5%; Sodium: 21mg, 1%; Total Carbohydrate: 15g, 5%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 9%; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 2g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!