Whipped Potatoes (Mashed Potatoes)
These smooth and luscious mashed potatoes are a guaranteed hit!
- 2 lbs. Yukon Gold or russet potatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup low fat milk (or use any variety)
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme or use 1/2 tsp. fresh
- Bring a large pot that's about half full of water to a boil. Peel and cut the potatoes into 1-inch pieces.
- While the water is coming to a boil, add the potatoes, the garlic clove, and about 1 tsp. salt to the water and then simmer for 10 - 15 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes and garlic and return them to the pot over medium heat, shaking until any remaining water dries.
- Transfer the potatoes and garlic to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the butter or margarine, milk (or buttermilk, if you have it), thyme, and remaining salt.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until they are just smooth—don’t over-mix (or you can mash them, if you prefer).
- Serve immediately or transfer to an oven-safe serving bowl and keep warm in a 300-degree oven until you are ready to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 157, Total Fat: 2g, 3.5%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 2%; Cholesterol: 1mg, 0%; Sodium: 213mg, 9%; Total Carbohydrate: 32g, 10.5%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 8.5%; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 4g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!