Skip to Content

Whipped Butternut Squash with Pomegranate Seeds

Sharing is caring!

Whipped Butternut Squash with Pomegranate Seeds

Whipped Butternut Squash with Pomegranate Seeds

Jessica Braider
This sweet, light side dish is absolutely gorgeous and makes a wonderful side on any holiday table.
No ratings yet
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Course Side Dish
Cuisine American
Servings 6 servings


  • 1 - 1 1/2 lb. butternut squash peeled, seeded, and diced (some markets sell it already peeled and chopped)
  • 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
  • 3 - 4 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds or use chopped toasted pecans


  • In a large saucepan or a stockpot, steam the squash in a couple inches of gently boiling water, covered, for 20 minutes or until it’s tender. (Alternatively, steam it in the microwave for 5 – 10 minutes.)
  • Drain the squash.
  • With an electric mixer, whip the squash with the butter or margarine, syrup, salt, and cinnamon and transfer it to a serving bowl.
  • Top it with the pomegranate seeds and serve it immediately.


Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values):Calories 97, Total Fat: 2g, 3%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 6%; Cholesterol: 5mg, 2%; Sodium: 116mg, 5%; Total Carbohydrate: 21g, 7%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 10%; Sugar: 9g; Protein: 1g
Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Keyword Company/Entertaining, Dairy-Free, Fall, Gluten-Free, Holidays/Special Events, Kid-Friendly, Kosher, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Nut-Free, Side Dish, Vegan, Vegetarian, Winter
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Recipe Rating

    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop