Whipped Butternut Squash with Pomegranate Seeds
This sweet, light side dish is absolutely gorgeous and makes a wonderful side on any holiday table.
- 1 - 1 1/2 lb. butternut squash peeled, seeded, and diced (some markets sell it already peeled and chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 3 - 4 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds or use chopped toasted pecans
- In a large saucepan or a stockpot, steam the squash in a couple inches of gently boiling water, covered, for 20 minutes or until it’s tender. (Alternatively, steam it in the microwave for 5 – 10 minutes.)
- Drain the squash.
- With an electric mixer, whip the squash with the butter or margarine, syrup, salt, and cinnamon and transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Top it with the pomegranate seeds and serve it immediately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values):Calories 97, Total Fat: 2g, 3%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 6%; Cholesterol: 5mg, 2%; Sodium: 116mg, 5%; Total Carbohydrate: 21g, 7%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 10%; Sugar: 9g; Protein: 1g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!