Whipped Sweet Potatoes
Sweet, light, and delicious. This super food's answer to mashed potatoes.
- 2 1/2 lbs. sweet potatoes about 5 potatoes
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, to taste
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup low fat milk or use any variety
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into 1-inch pieces.
- Cover the potatoes with water in a large saucepan or a stockpot and bring it to a boil over high heat.
- Simmer the potatoes until they are fork tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Drain them thoroughly, and use a mixer to whip them, adding the butter or margarine, maple syrup or brown sugar, and milk, until they are smooth.
- Optional step: Transfer the whipped potatoes to a small casserole and bake it at 400 degrees until the top of the potatoes start to brown, 10 - 15 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values):Calories 158, Total Fat: 2g, 3%; Saturated Fat: 0g, 2%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 53mg, 2%; Total Carbohydrate: 33g, 11%; Dietary Fiber: 5g, 21%; Sugar: 8g; Protein: 3g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!