Zucchini with Garlic and Parmesan Cheese
I'm always looking for new ways to prepare this summer staple and this might be one of my favorites!
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 zucchini or yellow squash halved lengthwise and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced, about 1 tsp.
- 2 scallions dark and light green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté it for about 30 seconds until it is fragrant, then add the zucchini and stir to coat it.
- Add the scallions to the pan.
- Cook the zucchini, stirring occasionally, for 5 - 7 minutes until it is partially browned.
- Transfer the zucchini to a serving bowl and top it immediately with the cheese.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 65, Total Fat: 4g, 6.5%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 3.5%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 37mg, 1.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 7g, 2%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 8%; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 3g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!