Wilted Spinach with Goat or Feta Cheese
Give your spinach a kick with this super simple recipe. The addition of goat or feta cheese adds a lovely salty and creamy element to make your side dish sing!
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 9 - 12 oz. baby spinach
- 5 fresh basil leaves sliced (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. crumbled goat or feta cheese
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. When the oil is hot, stir in the spinach and basil (optional). Cover and allow the spinach to wilt for about 3 minutes, stirring once.
- When it is wilted, stir in the cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 70, Total Fat: 4g, 6.5%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 4.5%; Cholesterol: 3mg, 1%; Sodium: 217mg, 9.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 9g, 3.5%; Dietary Fiber: 4g, 16.5%; Sugar: 0g; Protein: 3g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!