Wilted Spinach with Mushrooms
I love the earthiness of this dish. The way the spinach and mushrooms compliment each other in both texture and flavor will bring joy to your palette.
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced, about 1 tsp.
- 2 portobello mushroom caps or 2 - 4 cups other gourmet mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 12 - 18 oz. baby spinach
- 3 - 4 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté it for about 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté them for about 5 minutes until they are dark and tender.
- Add the spinach and balsamic vinegar. Mix everything together and cover the pan to wilt the spinach for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Season it with the salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes (optional) before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values):Calories 57, Total Fat: 3g, 3.5%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 1.5%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 95mg, 4%; Total Carbohydrate: 9g, 3%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 12%; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 2g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!