When my kids were little, this was a dish that guaranteed that they would eat their zucchini! Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, they are fun and delicious! If anyone at the table is skeptical, you can also always serve this with your favorite dipping sauce such as ketchup or ranch dressing.
- 1 zucchini grated about 2 cups
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs (store-bought or homemade)(use wheat/gluten-free, if needed) or use crushed crackers
- 1/2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt-free lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. butter or vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly combine the zucchini, egg, bread crumbs, Old Bay seasoning, and lemon pepper seasoning.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the butter or oil over medium to medium-high heat until the butter starts to bubble or the oil starts to smoke.
- Form the zucchini mixture into about 6 thin pancakes and sauté them until they are browned, flipping them once, 3 - 4 minutes per side.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 140, Total Fat: 6g, 9%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 5%; Cholesterol: 55mg, 18%; Sodium: 240mg, 10%; Total Carbohydrate: 16g, 5%; Dietary Fiber: 1g, 4%; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 5g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!