Apple, Cabbage, and Gorgonzola Slaw
A fun and healthier spin on a classic coleslaw, this one is full of crunch and flavor.
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 - 1/2 head green cabbage thinly sliced 6 cups
- 1 apple finely chopped (no need to peel), any color
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries preferably naturally sweetened
- 1/2 cup pecans coarsely chopped
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- In a measuring cup, combine the first 3 ingredients to make the dressing. In a large serving bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients except the cheese, and toss it thoroughly with the dressing. Gently fold in the cheese. Serve immediately or refrigerate it for up to 24 hours.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 247, Total Fat: 17g, 25%; Saturated Fat: 6g, 29%; Cholesterol: 26mg, 8.5%; Sodium: 277mg, 11.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 19g, 6.5%; Dietary Fiber: 4g, 14%; Sugar: 15g; Protein: 9g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!