Roasted Eggplant with Fresh Mint
This summer favorite is lovely way to prepare eggplant - the roasted makes it nice and smokey, while the mint rounds out the dish with a bright finish!
- 1 medium eggplant peeled if desired and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. kosher salt sea salt, or other coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint chopped
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Toss the eggplant in a bowl with the oil, salt, cumin, and garlic powder. (If the garlic powder has added salt, reduce or eliminate the table salt from the ingredients.)
- Spread the eggplant in a single layer on the baking sheet, and roast it for about 25 minutes, tossing it after about 15 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and toss it with the fresh mint.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 59, Total Fat: 4g, 6%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 2.5%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 148mg, 6.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 7g, 2.5%; Dietary Fiber: 4g, 16%; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 2g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!