Asparagus Salad with Strawberries and Basil
Enjoy this asparagus salad with strawberries and basil as a delicious springtime family dinner side dish or for a light lunch.
- 1 bunch asparagus about 8 oz. cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 1 Tbsp. pine nuts or use walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil thinly sliced
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. thinly sliced red onion optional
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. crumbled goat or feta cheese optional
- Steam the asparagus in the microwave in a covered dish or on the stovetop for 1 – 2 minutes until it is just tender-crisp and drain it.
- Combine the asparagus in a serving bowl with the remaining ingredients. Season it with plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
Nutritional Information Per Serving, based on four servings (% based upon daily values) Calories 50, Total Fat: 3g, 4.5%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 1.5%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 3mg, 0.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 6g, 2%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 8.5%; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 2g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!