Blueberry Zinger Overnight Oats
What is it about a little bit of lemon zest that makes blueberries taste even better? This luscious overnight oats recipe is no exception to that rule: a little sweet, a little creamy, and finished with a zing of lemon, these might just be my favorite overnight oats recipe yet. Top it with some additional maple syrup or brown sugar if you want added sweetness and almonds for crunch and extra protein.
- 1 cup rolled oats (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 cup low fat plain yogurt or use any variety
- 1 cup fresh or frozen wild blueberries or use regular blueberries
- 1/4 cup milk use any kind you have
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup optional
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Combine all of the ingredients in a 20 oz. or larger jar or container with a lid. Mix well and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Serve either cold or microwave to heat it up.
Do Ahead or Delegate: Measure the oats, measure, combine and refrigerate the yogurt and milk, zest the lemon, or fully prepare and refrigerate the dish. Scramble Flavor Booster: Add ¼ tsp. more lemon zest or top the oatmeal with some maple syrup or brown sugar and chopped almonds. Tip: Wild blueberries have 2x the antioxidants of cultivated blueberries, because they have a higher concentration of the flavonoid anthocyanin. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 138, Total Fat: 3g, 4%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 6%; Cholesterol: 5mg, 2%; Sodium: 51mg, 2%; Total Carbohydrate: 22g, 7%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 11%; Sugar: 7g; Protein: 7g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!