Now your favorite salad at restaurants can become your favorite salad at home! I like to prepare the dressing and store in the refrigerator to use whenever our meal calls for a heartier salad on the side.
- 1 head romaine lettuce torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 - 1 cup croutons or pita chips (use wheat/gluten-free if needed) (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced, about 1/2 tsp.
- 1/2 lemon juice only, about 2 Tbsp.
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce (for a vegetarian and gluten-free option use 6 drops hot sauce and 1/4 tsp. sugar per each Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce)
- 1/2 tsp. anchovy paste, or use seasoned soybean or miso paste
- In a large bowl combine the lettuce, cheese, and croutons or pita chips (optional).
- For the dressing, whisk together the mayonnaise, oil, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and anchovy paste.
- Toss the salad gently with the dressing just before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 140, Total Fat: 10g, 15%; Saturated Fat: 2g, 10%; Cholesterol: 5mg, 2%; Sodium: 250mg, 10%; Total Carbohydrate: 10g, 3%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 12%; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 4g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!