Caramelized Bananas with Walnuts and Maple Syrup
"It tastes just like banana bread...but better!" was the initial response to this dessert in my house. Enjoy it on its own or as a topping for vanilla ice cream.
- 2 Tbsp. butter or coconut oil
- 2 bananas sliced
- 2 Tbsp. walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt optional
- Heat the butter or oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add the bananas and cook them for about 2 minutes per side until they are golden brown. After flipping them, add the walnuts.
- When the bananas are browned on the second side, remove them from the heat and drizzle on the syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon, and flip to coat.
- Allow to cool for several minutes and serve immediately alone or over vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 162, Total Fat: 9g, 13%; Saturated Fat: 4g, 20%; Cholesterol: 16mg, 5%; Sodium: 3mg, 0%; Total Carbohydrate: 23g, 7.5%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 8.5%; Sugar: 15g; Protein: 2g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!