Chickpeas, Roasted Red Peppers, and Olive Salad
The best of the Mediterranean comes alive in this fun salad that is a medley of flavors and textures that make each bite a little different than the last.
- 4 oz. feta cheese crumbled or diced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives chopped
- 1/2 cup pita chips (store-bought or homemade) (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed),
- 7 oz. roasted red peppers (sold in a jar or homemade), drained and diced
- 15 oz. canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans)(or use 1 1/2 cups home-cooke chickpeas for every 15 oz. can) drained and rinsed
- In a medium serving bowl, combine all of the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and toss gently.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 255, Total Fat: 12g, 19%; Saturated Fat: 3g, 16%; Cholesterol: 15mg, 5%; Sodium: 1242mg, 52%; Total Carbohydrate: 30g, 10%; Dietary Fiber: 5g, 20%; Sugar: 5g; Protein: 8g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!