Curried Cauliflower with Currants or Cranberries
Looking for a way to spice up your cauliflower? This version will take your steamed cauliflower to the next level! (Thanks to Scramble fan Diana Molavi for the recipe suggestion.)
- 1 Tbsp. peanut or vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 - 2 tsp. curry powder to taste
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 head cauliflower cut into medium florets
- 1/4 cup dried currants or dried cranberries
- Heat a large heavy skillet (that has a lid) over medium heat and add the oil.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the coriander, curry powder and salt. When the pan is hot, add the cauliflower, toss to coat it a bit with the oil, and then sprinkle the spices evenly over the florets, and toss again.
- Sauté it for about 5 minutes until the cauliflower browns in spots, then add 3 Tbsp. water and the currants or cranberries, cover, and steam the cauliflower for 10 minutes until it is tender when pierced with a fork.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 64, Total Fat: 3g, 4%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 2%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 224mg, 9.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 10g, 3.5%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 12.5%; Sugar: 7g; Protein: 3g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!