Green Beans with Lemon and Garlic
Move over steamed green beans, there's a new, much more flavorful version in town!
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced, about 1 tsp.
- 1 lb. green beans fresh or frozen
- 1/8 lemon juice only, about 1 tsp.
- 1/8 tsp. salt optional
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper optional
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and stir it for 30 seconds until it is fragrant.
- Stir in the green beans.
- Cover the pan and steam the beans until they are tender, 5 - 8 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice for the last minute of cooking, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Slow Cooker Directions
- Put all ingredients in the slow cooker and add 1 cup of water or broth. Cook on low for 8 - 10 hours or on high for 4 - 5 hours. Use a slotted spoon to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 45, Total Fat: 3g, 4%; Saturated Fat: 0g, 0%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 0mg, 0%; Total Carbohydrate: 6g, 2%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 12%; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 1g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!