Green Beans Almondine
Our version of this classic brightens up your standard green beans, making them a hit every time.
- 1 lb. green beans trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 lemon juice only, about 1 Tbsp., or to taste (optional)
- Steam the green beans for about 5 minutes in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Meanwhile, in a medium to large skillet, heat the butter or margarine over medium heat.
- Add the almonds and sauté them for 1 - 2 minutes until they start to toast.
- Drain the green beans and add them to the skillet. Sauté them with the almonds for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice before serving, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 74, Total Fat: 4g, 6%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 7%; Cholesterol: 5mg, 2%; Sodium: 5mg, 0%; Total Carbohydrate: 7g, 2%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 13%; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 2g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!