Green Beans with Mustard-Lemon Sauce
The lemon-mustard sauce here bring a bright tang to these green beans that you'll love!
- 1 lb. green beans fresh or frozen
- 2 tsp. butter or margarine
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard use wheat/gluten-free if needed
- 1/4 lemon juice only, about 1 Tbsp.
- If using fresh beans, trim the ends, if needed. In a medium saucepan, bring 1/2-inch of water to a boil.
- Add the green beans, cover, reduce the heat, and steam them for 6 - 8 minutes until they reach desired tenderness.
- Drain them, return them to the pot, and stir in the butter or margarine, mustard, and lemon juice, and serve immediately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 50, Total Fat: 2g, 3%; Saturated Fat: 2g, 8%; Cholesterol: 5mg, 2%; Sodium: 65mg, 3%; Total Carbohydrate: 8g, 3%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 12%; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 2g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!