Green Beans with Sesame Soy Ginger Sauce
If you are sick of the standard steamed green beans, then give this version with some Asian flavors mixed in. You won't believe what a difference a little splash of this and that can make!
- 1 lb. green beans
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce (or use any variety) (use wheat/gluten-free, if needed)
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger or use 1 tsp. fresh minced ginger
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 tsp. superfine sugar
- Trim the ends off of the green beans. Steam the beans in 1-inch of water on the stovetop or in the microwave until tender-crisp, 5-8 minutes.
- To make the dressing, combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, sesame seeds and sugar.
- Toss the green beans with the dressing and serve them hot or cold.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 40, Total Fat: 1g, 2%; Saturated Fat: 0g, 0%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 150mg, 6%; Total Carbohydrate: 7g, 2%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 12%; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 2g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!