Green Salad with Red Bell Peppers, Toasted Almonds, Shredded Carrots, and Ginger Dressing
This ginger dressing, along with the sweetness of the bell peppers and the crunch of the almonds makes this a completely addictive salad the whole family will enjoy!
- 1 head romaine lettuce or use bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. slivered almonds lightly toasted
- 1 cup shredded (matchstick cut) carrots or julienne 1 - 2 carrots
- 2 scallions dark and light green parts, thinly sliced
- 2 - 4 Tbsp. Asian ginger salad dressing such as Annie's Gingerly Vinaigrette or make your own with the recipe linked below, to taste
- In a large bowl combine the lettuce or bok choy, bell peppers, almonds, carrots, scallions, and dressing.
- Toss gently to combine.
Note: Follow these directions to make your own ginger dressing. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 26, Total Fat: 1g, 1.5%; Saturated Fat: 0g, 0%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 60mg, 2.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 4g, 1.5%; Dietary Fiber: 1g, 4.5%; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 1g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!