Take your rice to the next level, just by adding a few simple ingredients you likely have in your pantry.
- 1 cup white or quick-cooking brown rice
- 1 Tbsp. pine nuts lightly toasted
- 1 Tbsp. dried currants, dried cranberries, or raisins
- Cook the rice according to the package directions, using water, chicken, or vegetable broth for the liquid.
- Stir the pine nuts and currants into the cooked rice.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 197, Total Fat: 2g, 3%; Saturated Fat: 0g, 0%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 1mg, 0%; Total Carbohydrate: 41g, 13%; Dietary Fiber: 0g, 3%; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 4g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!