Lemon Feta Chicken
This 5-ingredient chicken dish is tangy and succulent and so quick to prepare.
- 2 1/2 - 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 lemon juice only, about 2 Tbsp.
- 3/4 tsp. dried oregano or 2 tsp. fresh
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the chicken breasts in half crosswise, and if they are very thick, pound them to an even thickness with a mallet. (The breasts don’t need to be very thin, but they will cook more evenly and quickly if they are flattened a bit.)
- Place the chicken in a baking dish. Drizzle it with 1 Tbsp. of lemon juice. Sprinkle it with the oregano and pepper.
- Top it with the cheese, and then drizzle it with the remaining lemon juice.
- Bake the chicken for 25 - 30 minutes, uncovered, until it is just cooked through.
Slow Cooker Directions:
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker. Drizzle it with the lemon juice. Sprinkle it with the oregano and pepper. Cook on low for 6 - 7 hours or on high for 3 - 4 hours. Top the chicken with the cheese for the last 15 - 30 minutes of cooking. (Slow cooker cooking times may vary—Get to know your slow cooker and, if necessary, adjust cooking times accordingly.)
Do Ahead or Delegate: Cut and pound the chicken if necessary and refrigerate, juice the lemon, crumble the cheese if necessary and refrigerate. Scramble Flavor Booster: Use extra lemon juice and plenty of freshly ground black pepper to season the chicken. Tip: One more reason to love this recipe: Feta cheese, in addition to being incredibly flavorful and versatile, has less fat and calories than most other cheeses. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 270, Total Fat: 6g, 9%; Saturated Fat: 4g, 18%; Cholesterol: 125mg, 42%; Sodium: 330mg, 14%; Total Carbohydrate: 1g, 0%; Dietary Fiber: 0g, 0%; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 46g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!