Light and Limey Baked Fish
This is a simple and light preparation for any mild white fish.
- 1 1/2 lbs. tilapia or use white roughy, cod, or other white fish fillets
- 1/2 tsp. salt-free lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 - 2 lime juice only, about 3 - 4 Tbsp. (or use lemons)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lay the fillets flat in a baking dish large enough to hold them in one layer.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon pepper, paprika, garlic powder and salt.
- Pour the lime juice over the fish and top it evenly with the spices.
- Bake the fish for 15-20 minutes, without flipping it, until it is opaque throughout and flakes easily in the thickest part.
Do Ahead or Delegate: Make the spice mixture. Scramble Flavor Booster: Sprinkle the fillets with 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. onion powder, Old Bay seasoning or Goya seasoning (found in the Latin American section of stores) before baking it. Tip: To get the most juice out of your lemons and limes, roll them on your kitchen counter while applying gentle pressure with your hand. This bursts some of the juice capsules inside and makes it easier to extract the juice once you've cut the lemon or lime. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 150, Total Fat: 1g, 2%; Saturated Fat: 0g, 0%; Cholesterol: 75mg, 25%; Sodium: 160mg, 7%; Total Carbohydrate: 2g, 1%; Dietary Fiber: 0g, 0%; Sugar: 0g; Protein: 30g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!