This side dish will transport you to a tropical paradise.
- 2 ripe plantains sliced
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon or to taste
- ¼ tsp. coarse salt or to taste
- Heat a cast iron or other heavy skillet over medium heat.
- When it is hot, melt the butter and when the butter is melted, add the plantains in a single layer.
- Season the tops with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Cook for 3 – 4 minutes without moving them until they are golden brown on the bottoms.
- Flip them, season them again with cinnamon and coarse salt, and cook for 2 – 3 minutes until they are browned on the bottoms, too. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 107, Total Fat: 4g, 6%; Saturated Fat: 3g, 12.5%; Cholesterol: 10mg, 3.5%; Sodium: 101mg, 4%; Total Carbohydrate: 19g, 6.5%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 5.5%; Sugar: 9g; Protein: 1g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!