If you've ever wondered about roasted vegetables, carrots are a great place to start! The roasting brings out their sweetness and offers a lovely texture- crispy on the outside, soft on the inside.
- 5 - 7 carrots chopped
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, sea salt, or other coarse salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger optional
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. In a roasting pan, toss the carrots with the oil, salt, pepper, and ginger (optional).
- Roast the carrots until they are lightly browned, 15 - 20 minutes, tossing once.
Slow Cooker Directions
- Toss the carrots with the oil and spices and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours or on high for 3 - 4 hours.
Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!