Sauteed Sweet Corn, Onions, and Zucchini
The perfect side dish for summer - the best of the season all in one dish.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 zucchini or yellow squash diced
- 2 cups corn kernels fresh, frozen, or canned, drained if canned, defrosted if frozen, no need to cook in advance
- 1/8 tsp. salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. chili powder to taste (optional)
- 1 tsp. curry powder to taste (optional)
- In a heavy skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium heat. Sauté the onions for 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and sauté it for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the corn and sauté everything for 3 - 5 more minutes. Reduce the heat if it's browning too much.
- Season it with salt and pepper, or for a flavor boost, add chili powder or curry powder.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 130, Total Fat: 7g, 11%; Saturated Fat: 3g, 12%; Cholesterol: 10mg, 3%; Sodium: 80mg, 3%; Total Carbohydrate: 17g, 6%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 8%; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 3g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!