Skip to Content

Sauteed Sweet Corn, Onions, and Zucchini

Sharing is caring!

Sauteed Sweet Corn, Onions, and Zucchini

Sauteed Sweet Corn, Onions, and Zucchini

Jessica Braider
The perfect side dish for summer - the best of the season all in one dish.
No ratings yet
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Course Side Dish
Cuisine American
Servings 4 servings


  • 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
  • 1/2 yellow onion diced
  • 1 zucchini or yellow squash diced
  • 2 cups corn kernels fresh, frozen, or canned, drained if canned, defrosted if frozen, no need to cook in advance
  • 1/8 tsp. salt to taste
  • 1/8 tsp. black pepper to taste
  • 1 tsp. chili powder to taste (optional)
  • 1 tsp. curry powder to taste (optional)


  • In a heavy skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium heat. Sauté the onions for 2 minutes.
  • Add the zucchini and sauté it for 2 - 3 minutes.
  • Add the corn and sauté everything for 3 - 5 more minutes. Reduce the heat if it's browning too much.
  • Season it with salt and pepper, or for a flavor boost, add chili powder or curry powder.


Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 130, Total Fat: 7g, 11%; Saturated Fat: 3g, 12%; Cholesterol: 10mg, 3%; Sodium: 80mg, 3%; Total Carbohydrate: 17g, 6%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 8%; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 3g
Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Keyword Company/Entertaining, Fall, Gluten-Free, Kid-Friendly, Kosher, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Make-Ahead, Nut-Free, Side Dish, Summer, Vegetarian
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!

    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop