Sauteed Carrots with Butter and Thyme
There's a reason why this recipe is an all-time classic - it's so comforting and flavorful.
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 carrots sliced into about 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme or 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Heat the butter and oil over medium heat in a heavy skillet. When the butter is melted add the carrots and thyme.
- Stir the carrots to coat them, and sauté them for about 1 minute.
- Cover the pan, lower the heat, and steam the carrots for 6 - 8 minutes to desired tenderness. Season them with salt, to taste.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 38, Total Fat: 2g, 2.5%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 2.5%; Cholesterol: 2mg, 0.5%; Sodium: 43mg, 2%; Total Carbohydrate: 6g, 2%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 7%; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 1g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!