Sauteed Greens with Shredded Carrots
This new take on sauteed greens will brighten your day! With fun textures and a zing from the vinegar, everyone in your family will fall in love.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots matchstick cut
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 bunch collard greens or kale, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 - 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, and when it is hot, add the onions, carrots, and cumin.
- Sauté them for 3 – 5 minutes until the onions are tender and just starting to brown.
- Wash and add the greens while they are still wet (if they are dry add 1/4 cup of water) and the salt, cover, and reduce the heat as necessary to steam the greens for 10 minutes or until they are tender.
- Uncover the pan, add the vinegar, and sauté for another 1 - 2 minutes, and serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 50, Total Fat: 3g, 4%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 2%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 123mg, 5%; Total Carbohydrate: 7g, 2%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 11%; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 2g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!