Sweet Potato Fries
These are an absolute favorite in my house. I love that they are also super flexible - you can swap out the spices for any appeal to you from garam masala for an Indian flair to just classic salt.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable or peanut oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder optional
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon optional
- 1/2 cup ketchup or use barbecue sauce, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. (If your oven is going to be set to a different temperature for the main dish, then use that temperature and just add or subtract a few minutes to the cooking time of your side dish.)
- Slice the sweet potatoes the long way, making thin, long strips (no need to peel them). In a medium bowl, toss them with the oil, salt, and chili powder and/or cinnamon (optional). Bake them in a single layer on a baking sheet for 25 - 30 minutes, turning once, until they are lightly browned. For a crisper texture, broil them for 2 – 3 minutes before serving them. Serve them with ketchup or barbecue sauce, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 65, Total Fat: 2g, 3%; Saturated Fat: 0g, 0%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 129mg, 5.5%; Total Carbohydrate: 12g, 4%; Dietary Fiber: 2g, 7.5%; Sugar: 5g; Protein: 1g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!