Colorful Kale Salad
This bright, cheerful salad is a great introduction to kale salad. The trick is to massage the dressing into the kale leaves, as it helps to tenderize them.
- 1 lemon juice only, about 1/4 cup
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch kale thinly sliced 12 – 16 oz.
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (preferably naturally sweetened)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper or to taste
- Whisk together the lemon juice and oil.
- In a medium to large serving bowl, pour the dressing over the kale and onions.
- With clean hands, gently massage the dressing into the salad to soften and flavor the kale leaves.
- Add the dried cranberries, salt and pepper and serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Scramble Flavor Booster: Other great additions include fresh garlic, grated Parmesan cheese and chopped walnuts. Nutritional Information Per Serving (% based upon daily values): Calories 106, Total Fat: 3g, 4.5%; Saturated Fat: 1g, 2.5%; Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%; Sodium: 74mg, 3%; Total Carbohydrate: 21g, 7%; Dietary Fiber: 3g, 11%; Sugar: 12g; Protein: 2g Like this recipe? Check out The Scramble's family-friendly meal plans to see just how simple getting dinner on the table can be!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!